Wednesday, September 14, 2011
September Challenge-Anything Goes
This months challenge at Creatalicious means that we can go for it any way we wish. As I have a birthday card owing I decided that I would make that and combine the challenge at the same time. Apart from the base card everything else was grabbed from scraps. I've made an easel card with a difference-by combining it with a step card. I've had the idea in mind for some time but hadn't tried it out yet. The first step has layers of grass and a row of pansies (Martha Stewart border punches) with the stamped image in between. Tilda is coloured with Copics and I've used dimensional magic on the ladybird. The second step has more grass and a picket fence (Magnolia die) with roses twined onto it. The easel part has more grass layered over the background paper and tree branches (Stampin Up Punch) from card scraps. The butterflies were fussy cut from the reverse side of the paper. The label is from Stampin Up Four Frames set and I have used the matching Punch. I've coloured the roses with Copics to match the colours on the front.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
I have been intrigued by art journals for some time and have purchased several, made a start but not really "got" it. Recently I visited a site I like to go to from time to time and the artist was running an online course called "Supplies Me" for people like me addicted to supplies but don't always get the most from them. You can visit Jane Davenport here and see. It is also a bonus that she is an Aussie so I don't have to worry about time zones and stuff happening online at uncivilized hours! This first week we looked at different types of journals and gesso. The homwork was to lay down some texture, I've used tissue tape, tissue paper and lace and scrapbook paper and then gesso over it. We then had to use pencils to create something. After the gesso I put down some colour and then started a drawing which I blocked in with cream paint. I used my colour pencils over that to create the figure. The background still needed something so lucky for me my Stampin' Up order came this week and I used a new stamp from "Delicate Doilies" and white ink over the background and slighty overlapping the drawing. I then went back in with my pink pencil and lightly coloured some of the negative space in the doiley to lift it off the background a little. This stamp set has 3 other doiley stamps in it and you can purchase it from Kay-link is also in the sidebar.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
The theme for this month's challenge was Flowers and after a few attempts to create what I had in mind with traditional materials I decided that it just wasn't happening and tried digital instead.
I was really happy with the end result which was mounted on SU Whisper White card that I embossed using my roses Cuttlebug folder.
The vintage girl, large rose and rose buds were from Studio Tangie,Scrapbookgraphics "Celestial Darlings". The rosebuds were selected out from their background. I've added shadows and filters and then did some hand colouring to the flowers in the hat using 50% opacity. The words are from the Prose set (Studio Tangie) and I used a blank piece and tried to match the font for the word "rose". The sticky tape is from Apprentice Art Box No 5 and I've applied the burn tool to get a 3d look. The scallop paint border was taken from Journal your Art Out-Fiddlette and Nancie Rowe Janitz Designs.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)